Friday 16 May 2014

Visiting the Exhibition

I had to go to the exhibition in the afternoon as I had to rub out the pencil lines I drew the day before whilst setting up my pieces. I visited the exhibition later that night with a couple of friends who study photography and film making so we all got to see our work. The exhibition was a lot busier than I imagined it to be as previously I'd only been there whilst people were setting up their work so I hadn't seen it with extra people. The best thing about the exhibition seeing people looking at your work I suppose that's the whole point of the exhibition but it is nice to see that people are interested in what you have been doing, it makes it worth while. A lot of people were dissatisfied with the exhibition space however I think that that was taken out of context when the space was full of work, it was so full of work anyway most of the wall space was covered. 

I placed my work in the path that people walk around the building so I had a good spot. The exhibition was also casual in the sense that people were open to drink and chat and whatever so it felt very laid back. I enjoyed the exhibition and looking at other students work not just photography but work on all the floors, also seeing how different people had interpreted the same brief as me was interesting and how different their work was to mine.

I look forward to doing other exhibitions in the years to come and enjoyed the experience very much.